Other Options for College Credit

Standardized Exams

Standard Exams

College Level Examination Program (CLEP)

You may receive college credit if you have achieved at least a mean (average) score on any College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exam.  There are more than 30 exams available in a variety of subjects including Business, Composition and Literature, Foreign Language, History and Social Sciences, and Science and Math. 

Learn more about CLEP testing opportunities from your college or visit: clep.collegeboard.org

Advanced Placement (AP)

Advanced Placement (AP) classes are also managed by the College Board.  If you took college-level AP courses in high school, and earned a score of 3 or higher on the AP test, you can receive AP credit to put toward your degree/certificate.

Learn more about AP Credit at your college or visit:  www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/submescts.html

Other standard exams that may be used by colleges to evaluate prior learning include DSST (DANTES), NYU Language Exams, UExcel/Excelsior College Examination Program, and ACT-PEP. Check with your advisor to see if one of these is right for you.